We discussed last week a basic framework for using digital images. Today we are going to focus on the acquiring of images through using a digital camera.
Materials/Links for today's lesson:
- Scavenger Hunt handout
- Shot Log handout (if needed)
- Take a few moments and familiarize yourself with your camera. Use the appropriate links provided below. Note the location of the zoom button/lever, how to switch to macro (closeup) mode, and how to turn the flash to on, off, or auto. Determine how to review (playback) your pictures, and delete unwanted photos.
- Think about how you will organize your scavenger hunt. I recommend that each of you be responsible to locate/suggest four of the shots. Each of you must take at least one photo of all eight shots.
- Take no more than about 35 to 40 minutes to complete your hunt, so that both groups have time to get the pictures and download them to your computer.
- When you return, take out the SD media card from the camera, put it in the card reader and insert the card reader into the USB port of your computer. Normally, iPhoto will launch, and you can import the photos.
- After everyone has imported their pics, we will go over as a group the image editing features of iPhoto.